Suceava County Council intends to propose a project in the framework of the European programme « Europe for citizens », strand « Remembrance », in order to commemorate 70 years from the end of the Second World War. The provisional project title is « The meeting between generations into European oral history. After 70 years from the end of the Second World War ».
In doing so, we want to organize, in partnership other institutions and organizations (e.g. local or regional administrations, universities, museums, associations of veterans, NGOs) from different European countries, a series of activities for the wide and specialized public.
Through this project we want at least 5 young people of 18-26 years old from each of the participating countries to collect the memories of the participants, veterans and witnesses, in the Second World War. This will facilitate the communication between generations and between European citizens and will raise the awareness of the young population of Europe about the European past and history.
Furthermore, the young people participating in the project will document in photography the monuments dedicated to the victims of the Second World War from their region. At the end of the project, we will obtain a European collection of oral history and an inventory of the monuments on the Second World War. In completing the information collected by the young people participating in the project, the History Museum Suceava will organize a photographic exhibition, and the University « Ștefan cel Mare » Suceava will organize a specialized conference with international participation.
- Nomination of the administrative coordinator and of the scientific coordinator at regional level. The coordinators from each participating countries will be invited to Suceava for a working meeting. The travel to Suceava will be financially supported by the Suceava County Council from the European grant obtained for the preparation stage.
- Promotion of the project in your region, in order to find and select the young participants and the veterans, witnesses, historians and experts. The distribution of the final brochure and other promotional materials of the project and the promotion of the project official website.
- Facilitation and financial support for the organization of the working visits of young people to the historical monuments and to the veterans and witnesses at their homes.
- Selection of 15 minutes from each interview, its translation into English and inclusion of subtitles into films. Translation into English of the inventory of monuments.
- Sending in electronic format the photographic and video materials, accompanied by translations, to the general project coordinator.
- Organization and financial support for the international travel expenses of the regional delegation that will participate at the events in Suceava (8 persons).
- After the events in Suceava, the organization in your region of the interviews projection and the presentation of the exhibition prepared by the History Museum Suceava.
Estimated financial involvement of each partner:
7.000 euro for covering the following costs:
- Project promotion and call for participation of young people, witnesses, veterans and experts
- Royalty / Honorary paid to the scientific coordinator
- Organisation of the working visits to veterans/witnesses and to the monuments dedicated to the victims of the Second World War (local transport)
- Translation of the interview fragments (15 minutes of each interview) + translation of the descriptive texts of the monuments
- Including the subtitles in the films
- International transport to Suceava, 8 persons
- After the event in Suceava, the presentation of interviews and of the exhibition in your region.
SUCEAVA COUNTY COUNCIL is the authority of the local public administration for the coordination of the commune, cities and municipalities from Suceava County, in order to realise the public interest services.
Suceava County Council has a broad experience in implementing European funded projects in various fields: culture – mobile and imobile patrimony, education, tourism, social, health and transport infrastructure, e-government and electronic public services, environment and interventions in crisis periods, cross-border cooperation Romania – Republic of Moldova – Ukraine and European cooperation, expecially with Germany, France and Poland.
The project manager on behalf of the Suceava County Council has successfully coordinated another pan-European project (9 participating countries) financed through the programme Europe for Citizens 2007-2013.